013. Ah, before it ends tonight, let’s all reminisce what happened this past few months. I remember this very moment a year ago, I promised myself this is going to be it. This year will be mine and I will rule the world. Haha. Kidding about the ruling the world part. But this time last year was the moment I said 2013 will be my year and nothing’s going to stop me. And fuck that shit, 2013 was not my year. Not even close to being my year. When I said nothing’s going to stop me, turned out, I stopped myself from making this year great.
It was a crappy year, indeed. But it was a good year for music and everyone can agree on that. Haha. I planned on putting this on 8tracks but due to schedule conflict (Naks kunyari artista), I didn’t finish it. Believe it or not, it wasn’t because of laziness [cue For The First Time by The Script]
Some songs are from 2011/2012, but most are from this year. Here we gooo. Most of it are like mainstream songs because like what I said, this was supposed to be put on 8tracks.
Pass Me By by R5
Royals by Lorde
Blurred Lines by Robin Thicke (Wow this used to be a good song until radio stations played it 24/7)
Roar by Katy Perry
Do I Wanna Know by Arctic Monkeys (crAWLING BACK TO U umhm)
Chocolate by The 1975
Sex by The 1975
Sweater Weather by The Neighborhood
Everything Has Changed by Taylor Swift ft. Ed Sheeran
We Can’t Stop by Miley Cyrus
Seasons Of Love by Glee Cast
Mirrors by Justin Timberlake (Just like Blurred Lines, this was a good song just overplayed ugh)
Wings by Birdy
A Little More Of You by Before You Exit
Ever Enough by A Rocket To The Moon
Teen Idle by Marina and the Diamonds
Sad Songs by The Maine
Let Her Go by Passenger
Naked Kids by Grouplove
Diane Young by Vampire Weekend
Through The Dark by One Direction
Angels by The XX
Pretty Brown Eyes by Cody Simpson
Say Something by Austin Mahone
Say Something by A Great Big World
Please Don’t Say You Love Me by Gabrielle Aplin
Past Lives by Ke$ha
We Own The Night by The Wanted
Counting Stars by One Republic
Happily by One Direction
If I’m Gonna Fall In Love by ARTTM
Popular Song by Mika ft. Ariana Grande
Beside you by 5SOS
Ya Hey by Vampire Weekend
How To Say Goodbye by Paul Tiernan
Gone, Gone, Gone by Phil Philips
Story of My Life by One Direction
The Fault In Our Stars by Troye Sivan
Boomerang by The Summer Set
Wherever You are by 5SOS
Animal by Neon Trees
Chances by Five For Fighting
Dragonflies and Waterfalls by Nova and the Experience
Almost Said It by Carly Rae Jepsen
Darling I Do by Landon Pigg
Toyang by Eraserheads (this is a super old song and I wasn’t born yet when this was released but my obsession with the Eraserheads is back okay)
Next Year by Two Door Cinema Club
Poet by Bastille
CAN I JUST SAY THE WHOLE SOUNDTRACK OF FOR THE FIRST TIME, PERKS OF BEING A WALLFLOWER, THE ART OF GETTING BY, FROZEN, TEEN WOLF TOO OKAY JUST WOW
Beautiful World by The Chevin
Auld Lang Syne by Lea Michele
I’ll be back later for the more emotional year end post. Hahaha. x
So before I start with the series of end of the year posts, I’d like to make an update of what I’ve been doing with my life after Christmas. This will be the last “Keeping Up With Erika” for 2013 huhu okay so I guess this is the first of many end of the year posts?
• I just finished The Realm of Possibility. Like wowowow okay it’s so so good. It does have a story but it’s like up to you to understand it because it’s poetry. But damn it gave me Larry feels while reading it.
• Does anyone know where to buy mint green nail polish?
• I’m cryin bc I suddenly want a 5c huhu. Like I’ve been good throughout 2013… I deserve a new phone.
• I’m crying bc I’m not yet done with my 365 project which failed and I’m having a hard time recalling what happened this November and I just sigh.
• Another reason I’m crying because I’m done with the 2013 tracklist but I’m not yet doing the mix itself (oops did I just drop my end of the year surprise, I think I just did)
• NIALL HAS EMOJI WHAT A REBEL
• Today is the last Sunday of 2013 wOW
• My Eraserheads obsession has made it’s comeback, mofos. It is back. And I’ve been an emotional wreck for the past few days because I downloaded Ultramagneticpop and Cutterpillow (a.k.a my fave albums). Every time I hear Pare Ko a nostalgic vein pops, I just… wow.
• Already done with my New Year Eve texts I’ll be sending to my remaining friends. Hah. So if you receive one on the 31st, be thankful because you’re still my homie. (ano daw)
• I want to watch Pagpag so bad huhu
• I HAVE GLOW STICKS and since firecrackers are no longer allowed here in the city where I live… Guess who’ll be buying lots of glowsticks for New Year
•My mom’s friend went home from the States and gave her some goodies including Bath and Body Works lotions. But idk she gave it to me. Heh yeyey. It’s White Citrus and Be Enchanted. White Citrus is just so good. So is Be Enchanted but I like the other one more because I just like it.
• End Of The Year episodes and posts are all over the place I’m just not ready for 2014 yet I want 2013 to end because it has been a crappy year. Admit it, guys. 2013 was the most wtf year ever. Even wtf-er than 2012. I’m really just hoping 2014 will be a good year.
• Time to buy 10389395 lucky charms so 2014 will be a good year for me.
• I’m going out tomorrow to buy my niece+nephew a gift because I’m just a nice aunt okay
• I guess that’s all. Wowowow. I can’t believe this is the last update of my life before 2014. Aaahhh.
Yeyey. Okay here are some movies I like to watch during Christmas 🙂
#5. Miracle on 34th Street (1947)
I watched this movie when I was 6, I think? And rewatched it when I had this black and white films are dabomb phase. I haven’t watched the 1994 version though.
#4. Polar Express
This is the movie where my feelings for Josh Hutcherson started. Watching this movie makes me feel all Christmas-y inside.
I just watched this a few days ago. Like oh my god Disney you have done it again. My heart still hurts from this film because it’s just so good. DO YOU WANNA BUILD A SNOWMAAAAN
#2. How the Grinch Stole Christmas
THE GRINCH IS MY FAVORITE OKAY?! And in this movie not only you could see Jim Carrey covered in green shit, you could also see young Taylor Momsen with no make up.
#1. A Christmas Carol (2009) or the Muppets version of it
I COULD STILL VIVIDLY RECALL SCREAMING IN THE CINEMA DURING ONE SCENE WHEN THE GHOST APPEARED.
u r a tru 90’s kid if u watched the muppets version of a christmas carol in vhs hell yea
Merry Christmas, everyone! I hope you guys are enjoying your Noche Buena heh ☺ xx
I DON’T KNOW ABOUT YOU BUT YOU’RE NOT 22. N OPE
And 22 years ago, my first born was brought to this world (HAHAHAHA WAT) Happy birthday Louis Tomlinson! Aw love you so so much bby! 😦 Thank you so much for everything, for making me kilig and making me laugh. Thank you for not making corny jokes like your boyfriend. Idk. You mean the world to me, Louis. You just make me so happy ajsfbasdgs.
And since you’re 22 (nope you’re not i’m sTILL IN DENIAL). Here are 22 reasons why I love you Louis William Tomlinson:
1) You’re just so adorbs
2) YOU’RE SMILE IS MAGICAL. LIKE WHENEVER YOU SMILE, THE WHOLE WORLD STOPS AND STARES FOR AWHILE BECAUSE A NEW BABY UNICORN IS BORN
3) You dyed your hair red for charity. Even though media didn’t notice, I did and loved you even more for it.
4) U DA SWAG MASTA FROM DONCASTA
5) The way you hug fans >>> (Can I have a hug someday)
6) YOU’RE PRETTIER THAN ME IM CRYIN
7) You defend us
8) YOU TURN ME ON WHENEVER YOU SAY OR TWEET THE WORD ‘FUCKING’ IAKFGNSG #sorrynotsorry
9) You’re beautiful inside and out
10) Your fetus selfies r da bomb
11) You always give back and help charities.
12) YOU ARE SUCH A DORK
13) Your love for football
14) Those video diaries you made
15) Your version of The Fray’s Look After You
16) You’re just so sincere. You’re so honest and you’re not afraid to tell people how you feel.
17) YOU WERE BORN ON CHRISTMAS EVE BECAUSE YOU ARE MEANT TO BE A GIFT TO THIS WORLD
18) Your ability to make everyone smile. You are literally sunshine. My sunshine (yihee)
19) You have no idea, but you have saved lives.
20) YOUR TATTOOS
21) YOU’RE REALLY GOOD WITH KIDS AND I KNOW YOU’RE GOING TO BE A GOOD FATHER SOMEDAY
22) Fame didn’t change you.
I could literally go on forever because there are a lot more reasons why I love you.
Agaaaain, happy happy birthday, Louis! I love you so so much, it hurts. I was here since you were at the bottom of the stairs. I was here when you started climbing to reach the top of the world. I’m still here now that you’re on top and I’ll still be here when you step down that stage one day. Don’t you ever grow up. Enjoy being twenteen-two xx
Okay now that I’m over with the fact that I failed UPCAT and have brought once again dishonor to my family, I will now start the new portion of my blog just for the holidays. *drum rolls*
QUEENERIKA’S TOP 5: CHRISTMAS EDITION
I couldn’t think of a better title, okay? Haha. As you all know I am not a big fan of Christmas but I will try to be one this year because to be honest, I have forgotten what it’s like to be excited for the 24th andd 25th of December. Let’s start wiiiith:
ERIKA’S TOP 5: CHRISTMAS FOOD
‘Tis the season to forget your diet. Falalaalayou’regoingtogetfatter.
❄ #5. Puto Bumbong ❄
Ah yes, the purple sticky rice with the brown thing, sugar, butter and coconut. Puto Bumbong is like Beyonce. No one hates her (it) haha.
❄ #4. Bibingka ❄
Is it just me or is Bibingka tastes better around December? Oh and I like Bibingkas with the egg. Yea yea
❄ #3. Gingerbread cookies ❄
Like when I was younger, gingerbread cookies were shaped like gingerbread men. Now that I’m a bit older, they’re boring af. No shape at all just plain circle and not that ginger-y. What. Oh and if you eat gingerbread cookies, be sure to eat the legs first so the don’t run away. Hah.
❄ #2. Cinnamon buns ❄
These are the shit I live and breathe for during this time of the year.
❄ #1. Ham ❄
Of course, the list wouldn’t be complete without this. Sigh ham. Like pizza, ham will never hurt you. Ham will never judge you. Haha waaat.
no bc i didn’t pass up but that’s okay bc i wasn’t meant to be a fighting maroon (?) i hope God is looking down on me right now and saying “i’m saving this girl for la salle… or ust depends” idek heh and it’s okay that i didnt pass because up isn’t my dream school so yea anyway congrats to those who passed
but i have cookie butter gelato so who’s the real winner now #bitternotbitter
WEEK FULL OF LASTS. LAST WEEK IN SCHOOL FOR 2013. LAST CANTATA. LAST WEEKEND BEFORE CHRISTMAS. LAST STRAW… WHAT.
FOUND OUT ON THIS WEEK’S EPISODE OF
KEEPING UP WITH ERIKA
☃ So yeah, did I mention we had dinner at O’ Mai Khan last Sunday for my mom’s advance birthday celebration? Uh yeah. Calamansi Pie is dabomb.com. Plus I had 4 rounds of Mongolian and 2 rounds of chocolate milkshake.
☃I already used my Hello Kitty film. Well, not all of it. I still have 3 left. I’m using it for Christmas Eve? Idk. Haha. OR when I come back to CJH.
☃ Because I had 2 rounds of chocolate milkshake that Sunday and drank Cream soda flavored rootbeer that same night, I didn’t go to school the next day because I was running a fever and I had cough… Plus it was my mom’s birthday.
☃I went to school the next day. And I was marked unexcused HA H #udontalwaysneedtogotoadoctorifuhaveafever #biogesticlangtol #hashtag
☃ Wednesday was bad day for me.
☃ Did you know I only had lunch with Kyla and yeah we’re used to being sabay every lunch ever since freshman year but jezus it was only the two of us. How fun right? Hahaha kidding. Okay I made it fun for opening up what 2013 was like for me and what I want 2014 to be.
☃But Wednesday afternoon was okay? We were dismissed early and some of my REAL friends and I went to SM after to eat and just hang.
☃ One thing I learned last Wednesday: never ever forget your mom’s phone number. Ever.
☃I finally have a studded beanie (waahhh)
☃Thursday was such an annoying day for me. I went out to go to the bank and withdraw my savings and close my account there because idk I wanted to buy myself Christmas presents to make me happy?! (Note: That bank account was my secret. I have an active account in another bank. My mom doesn’t really know about it. Well obviously now she does okay.)
☃ I had to go home and change because I spilled gravy on my skirt.
☃ I was sort of late. The call time was 3:00 and I still had to go to Jolibee because I thought they won’t be giving away snacks. So I arrived at the gym like 3:20 HAHA.
☃Before going back to the gym, I HAD A PERIOD STAIN ON MY SKIRT IM SAD OKAY
☃We got transferred at the back okay?! Because if we stayed in front, we were going to be hit by the projector. The first night of Cantata was sad bc I didn’t have someone to talk to because my seatmate was so pissed off because she wanted to still sit in front.
☃ I didn’t bring my phone so I had to make my friends wait because I was nakitext hahaha.
☃ My mom picked me up like 7:30 and she forgot to bring my jacket so I was like oh my god um yeah we had dinner at Vizco’s with my cousin… who ate slowly.
☃Friday was an okay day??? Nah. The calltime was 3:00 and I arrived at school almost an hour late. Hahaha. Plus I didn’t get a burger because idk so I end up buying gummy pizza, mentos and M&M’s.
☃ I was seated next to Kyla yesterday hahaha. And we were laughing before the show started because I offered mentos and she was like okay and when she started chewing it she said it felt like gum. And I was like wtf no and I started chewing it then oOoOhhH mentos has gum now when i was a kid they only had mint and grape and no gum. So she was like shit wat do we do now and I was like throw it and put it under the chair. hahaha. (No. She didn’t do that. I had tissue okay)
☃ I wanted to sing my heart out during Susanina but didn’t. I ended up coughing the whole song 😦
☃ Last Hallelujah was amazeballs. 😦 I can’t believe I’ll be singing along with the songs in the audience next year (hopefully)
☃ I was a bit emotional but I didn’t let anyone see it.
☃Dinner at David’s. Hellz yea for chinese food
☃ Went around SM last night and bought 2 new shirts. WOOOOO. One is this cool Wonderland shirt a.k.a my new favorite shirt meaning I’ll be using it all the time next year (if you follow me on Twitter, you may have seen the picture I tweeted) and a shirt that says ‘Meow’ on it. heh 🙂 Happy happyyy. It’s my reward for surviving the 2013 part of the school year.
☃THERE’S ArMY NAVY AT SM
☃I really have to start fixing my room and updating my 365 project.
☃ GREEN TEA AND HAZELNUT GELATOS ARE DABOMB.
☃ THE AWKWARD SEASON FINALE MADE ME CRY LIKE WOW THE LAST SCENE AND JENNA’S PAPER AKSDNGDFG IDEK
☃Last night I had a dream and Niall was in it and we were together then we were being cute and shit plus he called me beautiful. Why can’t I be Niall’s princess in real lyf… why.
☃I’m working on my holiday posts that will start tomorrow until probably the 31st? Yea heh.
Anywayyy, that is aaall. I hope you guys enjoy the Christmas break!
As you all know, Christmas is literally just around the corner. Like in 10 days, we’ll be smelling the gifts under the tree. So here are some tips in surviving this cray holiday, or in short; the HOLICRAZE (noun.) Happens weeks before Christmas itself and it also happens a few days before Christmas. see also; last minute shopping