Rewatched Little Manhattan last Saturday before I reviewed Chemistry. I watched it because I’m currently stalking the Hunger Games cast. Hahaha! Oh, the last time I watched Little Manhattan was waaaay back 3rd grade. That was 6 years ago. Lol :p That movie played a big role in my life. Haha! Yes, it did. And Little Manhattan explained some stuff to me that not even my parents and some other people I’ve met can ever explain to me.
I’ve watched this movie like a million times already but… what ever happened to Rosemary when she went to camp? What did Gabe do while Rosemary was in camp? Did he miss her? Did he find another girl? Does Rosemary love Gabe too? I want to hear Rosemary’s side of the story! aeojdltgkn hahahaha 🙂
And I guess, I’m the female version of Gabe Burton. Hahaha! Well, except the part with the parents thing (My parents are fortunately still together) and the Karate thing (I didn’t go to Karate class to impress a girl.) and the part where he told Rosemary he loves her (I didn’t have a “Rosemary Telesco” when I was 10 and I still don’t have one #foreveralone) and the living in New York thing (I live in the Philippines where it’s sunny everyday, exceptfor the monsoons.). Yeah. Meh.
But still, Gabe and I have things in common:
1) Like being afraid to tell they like someone.
2)Thinking that we’re both gonna end up alone.. for the rest of our lives.
3)Saying stuff about love and life in our head.
4) We both believe that love sucks. HAHA
5) We both got hurt by love and we’re still looking for that “someone”. LOL WHY DID I JUST SAY THAT. HAHAHAHA. Like Gabe said in the movie “Love is an ugly, terrible business practiced by fools. It’ll trample your heart and leave you bleeding on the floor. And what does it really get you in the end? Nothing but a few incredible memories that you can’t ever shake. The truth is, there’s gonna be other girls out there. I mean, I hope. But I’m never gonna get another first love. That one is always gonna be her. “ Uh yeah, I got hurt by love. I guess every 13 year old got hurt because of love too(?) I never had a boyfriend but there was this boy and he never knew I existed and blah blah blah. I won’t go on anymore and tell the story. Let’s just leave it there. It doesn’t hurt me anymore but, yeknowww everyone has that one secret you can never tell anyone. And btw, that dude I mentioned is a celebrity. Hahaha :p jk. I CAN’T TELL OKAY. aoisdkhn nevermind why did I even… meh. Hey, after reading this post, never ask me again about that story. LOL OKAY? 🙂 OKAY. ANYWAY…
6) We’re both hopeless romantics.
7) We finally understood songs about love.
Here’s the line I liked the most in Little Manhattan: “Love isn’t about ridiculous little words. Love is about grand gestures. Love is about airplanes pulling banners over stadiums, proposals on jumbotrons, giant words in sky writing. Love is about going that extra mile, even if it hurts. Letting it all hang out there. Love is about finding courage inside of you didn’t even know it was there.”
Meh. I’m still hoping that someday this boy comes in to my life and buys me Haagen Daaz and walk with me around Central Park, and who’ll sing for me, who’ll kiss me underneath the Eiffel Tower and just love me for who I am. In other words, I’m still waiting for my love story to start. I’m not rushing for it to begin because I want mine to be well written and the best one ever. A story that no one has never imagined, a story that would live on forever and that the whole world would know. Heehee. Someday… someday I’ll have my turn. You guys just wait. xx
If I were Gabe Burton, would you be my Rosemary Telesco? :”) LOL OKAYYYY.
ctto for the photo I used :p